- A wig in general does not need to be combed regularly although when you do comb it be very gentle and use a special brush.
- Always keep in mind that if you have a Synthetic wig; never use a blow dryer since it cannot sustain high temperature.
- When storing it is advisable to place it on a wig stand so that it maintains the style.
- Never shake the wig with a towel after wash or even wring it. The wig can however be squeezed dry.
- It is advisable to use the special wig shampoo and products on a wig against using the normal one that you use for your natural hair.
HAIR CARE TIPS BEFORE SWIMMING
- It is best to soak the wig in chlorine free water prior to going for a swim since it is less likely to absorb any more water later.
- Conditioner is a good deterrent for chlorine so spray some on the wig.
- If you go swimming regularly invest in a clarifying shampoo and use it occasionally.
HAIR CARE TIPS—AFTER SWIMMING
- Give you hair a quick wash to remove the chlorine immediacy after a swim and if possible go for a thorough wash with shampoo.
- Apply the conditioner immediacy after washing your hair.
- Hot oil treatments are good for your wig especially if you swim frequently.
TIPS FOR STYLING YOUR WIG
- It is ok to shake a new wig lightly to loosen it; however if it is already set in a style never shake it.
- When getting the hair products for your wig, take into consideration whether it is a human hair wig or a synthetic one and get the appropriate products.
- Any tangles in the wig should be removed manually by hand. It is also fine to brush the wig the exception being if it is a curly hair wig.
- Make sure never to use any styling tools on a Synthetic wig since they are not built to sustain heat.
- It is highly recommended that you use a nylon wig cap for long natural hair when using a wig.